Warranty & Care
Please follow the guidelines below after installation of your concrete landscape edging.
- After installation, the concrete curb does not need to be sprayed or misted with water. We spray the concrete with a sealant which helps to slow the curing process. After 24 hours you may MIST your curbs. Spraying with a fine mist of water will aid in the concrete curing process if it is a hot and dry period.
- If it begins to rain within 6 hours after we leave your site, try to cover the curb with plastic. If rain is expected, we will cover the curb with plastic or leave plastic for your use. Make sure sprinkler systems do not come on for at least 24 hours after installation. Irrigation, back wash from pool, condensate lines, or rain can damage the curb during the first 24 hours.
- Keep pets, children and objects away from the curb for at least 24 hours. It will be “hard” to the touch at this point, but will still need a few days to get completely hard. Concrete requires 28 days to fully cure.
- Sod laying, sprinkler work and landscape work can be started 24 hours after installation, but it’s best to wait several weeks before doing heavy work in the area. Caution must be taken as shovels, picks and wheelbarrows can damage the curb while it is fully curing.
- If you have a landscape contractor working for you, caution him about protecting the curb from damage. If wheelbarrows are used for hauling rock or soil over the curb, put a mound of dirt over it (6″ deep) or build a ramp over the curb to keep the weight from damaging it. Never allow a tractor or truck to run over the curb
- Efflorescence (white powder substance) can appear on occasion and does not look good on curbing. It is generated from water sprinkling systems and can also appear after a rainstorm. The intensity of the efflorescence varies depending upon the type (hardness) of water and volume of water that gets on the curb. Check your sprinkler heads while the system is on and try to adjust them to minimize the amount of water spraying directly on the curb. If you have just planted sod and are watering frequently, efflorescence may appear more readily. Be patient, wait for your lawn to get established, then turn off the sprinklers for a few days and clean the curb after it dries. A solution of 50/50 vinegar and water with a light brushing will remove the efflorescence. You may have to do this a few times. Eventually, the efflorescence should go away. The concrete mix includes a product that will minimize efflorescence and keep the colours rich.
- Once in a while curbing with colour in it may look “splotchy” for a few days while it is curing. This will go away as it cures and is not to be confused with efflorescence. Concrete is darker in colour when first laid and will lighten up as it dries. It may take 28 days to fully cure.
- If curbing or lights are damaged we will come back and make necessary repairs; however, there is a $150.00 minimum charge for this service. Repairs are difficult to make in coloured concrete. It is impossible to get a perfect colour match. Our Light Package has a one – year warranty from the date of installation.
- Cracking – Concrete curbing like any other type of concrete can and will crack. accent Kurb appeal places control joints about every 3-4 feet apart to control cracking. Typically you might see one or two small hairline cracks develop in a long stretch of curb. This is not usually very noticeable, and can be safely ignored. If significant cracking does occur, it should be in the control joint. We experience very little cracking in our product, but if cracking does occur out of the control joint we can saw-cut it to appear as a control joint or replace the section at no charge during the warranty period. A warning however, is important to note: Repairs can be difficult to make in coloured concrete. It is impossible to get a perfect colour match. Sometimes the “cure is worse than the ill”. A hairline crack is much less noticeable than a patch or discolouration in the curbing.
- When curbing is installed as a retrofit (grass already in place), there will be a small amount of concrete on the ground between the grass and the new curb. Every effort is made to remove this after completion, but it is difficult to remove while the concrete is still wet. As we have not included a return trip in our prices, we ask that you take a few minutes to remove any excess concrete. accent Kurb appeal will install topsoil to any bare spots around the curb to assist in the grass regrowth. This will allow the grass to grow back against the curb. You may want to place dirt in this area as well to assist the re-growth of grass.
- Damage to sprinkler lines, telephone wires, cable TV or other buried items by our equipment or staff is not our responsibility. “Call before you dig.”
- Your curbing has a one-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. It will be replaced at no charge if the defect is caused by the materials we use or the way it was installed by accent Kurb appeal. Our warranty does not cover damage as a result of ground movement or soil settlement. If curbs are attached to walkways or driveways there is no warranty on the curbs due to the inherent movement of walkways and driveways.
If you experience any problems, or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for choosing our product. We know you will enjoy it for years to come.